Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Begins

This morning was a good start to my 2009 Resolution of running every day of the year. But, Sarah chastised me for not talking with her about the resolution. She knows she will have to take a few days off when I race, but this still means she will do perhaps 350 runs during the year. So in the future, I need to clear things through her.

Will I stay motivated to run each of the remaining 364 days? I like to not think of them as days, but as running paces, with each day being a pace. So, 364 paces is merely a half mile, or close enough for government work. Now, when I take that first step in a 50K, how many paces am I going to cover? It comes out to be something like 24,000, or properly more as my stride length will often shorten on hills near the end of a race when I'm tired.

But like most ultra marathoners, when we're tired and moving slowly, we still place one foot in front of the other, one step at a time. That's part of how I will think, feel, and stay motivated.

Sarah, too. And if there are any mistakes/typos in this post, Sarah proof read it and she is solely responsible for any and all errors and omissions.

No comments: