Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Running Blog Entry

It's not a very creative or inspiring title. This is nothing more, nor nothing less, than a blog entry about my morning run.

For the last 2 days, Sarah hasn't been feeling well...stomach issues...and us dog owners know exactly what that means. So, I've been reluctant to have her join me running, but caved in both yesterday and this morning. She gets so excited when I put on my hat and gloves. She'll sit attentively at the front door, just waiting for me to grab her leash and walk outside.

It was cold this morning, with crystal clear skies, no wind, no ice on the roads and no cars. Still, we had our excitement, or rather, Sarah did. As we rounded a corner to go down this small street, a fox was crossing the street, no doubt still scavenging from garbage cans and the like. Well, when Sarah saw the fox, any signs of lethargy brought on by an upset stomach instantly disappeared and she became an animal...pulling, nose to the ground, tracking the scent, ready to give chase. Did I say she became an animal? Yes, but in that great German Shepherd way. Proud, loyal, and ready defend her family and territory against any and all threats, real or imagined.

No comments: