Monday, January 19, 2009

Running and Cars

On an easy day, I run more than the number of cars I've bought in the last 22 years. Since 1987, the grand total being 3, with today being #3, a brand spanking new 2009 Honda CRV. My first Honda was in 1987, a Civic, and then in 1997, an Accord. That Accord had 135,750 miles, while the Civic had 125,000. Fond memories!

I drove that Accord to so many races, I can't even begin to recall them all. It went to Ohio for the Great Buckeye Challenge triathlon; Sarasota, Florida, for the start of a Florida Coast-to-Coast 3-day adventure race; to North Carolina for the Tsali off-road triathlon; several trips to Ohiopyle, PA, for adventure racing; someplace in Georgia for the North Gerogia Adventure Race; Indianapolis, New York, and Vermont for marathons; New York, Vermont, Maryland, and Virginia for ultra-marathons; just to name a few.

I almost feel like a snob with all 35 miles on my new CRV. I mean, it has a CD player. My Accord didn't have one and I'm not sure CD's were around in 1987 when I got my Civic.

I'm sure it will only be a matter of weeks before it goes on its first road trip to a race. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

No comments: