Friday, December 26, 2008

More About Sarah

Sarah has been a runner since she came into our home on the last Saturday of October in 2006. She was probably 1 ½ at the time, having lived most of her life on the streets on North Philly. She was picked up by animal control and eventually made her way to the Philadelphia Save-a-Shepherd Rescue alliance. And we adopted her.

As soon as I saw her, I knew she was a runner. So, that second day we had her, off to the trails we went. Not knowing exactly how she’d do, we limited the run to 6 miles. She was addicted. In the 2-plus years she’s been with us, she has gone out with me on probably 700 runs, and the only time she misses a run with me is when I race. She feels it is totally wrong that most races don’t allow dogs!!!!!

Sarah doesn’t have any "papers." She’s just your basic fun-loving, full-of-energy, and full-of-love German Shepherd. She never tires of playing and every time I get ready to go out the door for a run, she’s there at the door, waiting for me to open the door, walk out with her, and hit the road or trails.

If ever there was an ultradawg, Sarah is it.

No comments: