Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Balance Running Shoe Update

A few weeks ago, I tried the NB 1011 as a replacement for the NB851 and after about 50 miles, the verdict is in. They felt like I had duct taped two pine boards to my feet and went running.

So I switched back to an old pair of 851s and my feet said thank you!!!!! Unfortunately, old meant 400 miles on them and I knew it was just a matter of time, and injury, before I would have to totally disuse them. Solution?????

Last September, I bought a pair of NB 768s, not so much as a running shoe replacement, but as a comfortable walking around shoe. I decided to try them running. They've felt great. Fit is near perfect, they are flexible and responsive, and for my running style, I get what seems to be enough cushioning. Mind you, I only have a few miles on them. But I'm hoping they will continue to feel just fine.

A word on my running style and bio-mechanics. I'm 6'4" and weigh 185. But I'm relatively light on my feet and am not a hard heel striker. I wear a 12EE and my feet are probably the flattest in the word.

Again, I'm hoping for the best.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Hi! I have a pair of NB 768's. Love them. Had a pair of 767's and really really liked them. And that's it, just started running a while ago. I'm not quite as tall, but am heavier, and the shoes seem to be doing well.